Because our success depends solely on the strength of our resources!
Stay informed about Humane Society current events, fundraisers, letter campaigns, and other animal-related needs in our community by joining our Action Line E-List. Just e-mail us with a quick note: “Sign me up for the Action Line!”
RECYCLE FOR ANIMALS…& HELP THE ENVIRONMENT TOO!
Cans for Canines (and Cats, too!)
Humane Society board member David Cummings conceived this campaign to raise funds for our spay-neuter and pet care assistance programs, then implemented it with the support of Heimansohn Industrial Park, a scrap metal recycling business in Clarksville. Businesses & individuals participate by taking their recyclable aluminum cans & other metals to:
- The designated dumpster located behind Mann, Smith & Cummings Insurance at 1997 Madison St., or
- Heimansohn located on the corner of 41A Bypass-Ashland City Rd. & Gatlin Rd. (Be sure to ask that the payments be placed in the Humane Society account).
Heimansohn’s office hours are Mon-Fri 7:30am-4pm or Sat 7:30am-11:30am. We can arrange for volunteers to pick up large quantities (minimum of 5 large bags) of cans and metals if needed.
Businesses are invited to provide designated trash bins to encourage employees to recycle. For pick up of cans or metals, to provide a drop point, or for any other questions about the Cans for Canines and Cats campaign, just call or email.
Cartridges for Critters
We are no longer accepting ink cartridges; HOWEVER, Stewart County Animal Management Program (SCAMP) collects them, and the they have some Clarksville-based volunteers that may be able to pick up. This is an EASY way to help animals AND our environment, so we’d love for you to consider donating any name brand cartridges to them. Unfortunately, companies are no longer accepting generics so those can be tossed.
Our Wish List
- Pee Pads (we use tons!)
- Dry cat food
- Cat litter
- Cotton balls
- Light blue and/or light pink copy paper
- Liquid Laundry Detergent
- Febreze Spray
- Masking tape or Painters tape
- Bottled Water
- Pet Beds (any size or style)
- Plastic Crates (new or gently used okay)
- Trash Bags (30+ gallon size)
- Paper Towels
- Correction Tape
- Scotch Tape (matte finish is easier to tear)
- Manila Folders (gently used is fine!)
- Copy Paper
- Gift Cards (Kroger, Walmart, Sam’s Club, Pet Food Center, Petco, PetSmart, etc.)
- Amazon.com Gift Cards (this is where we order a lot of our supplies)
Other Ways to Help
VOLUNTEER! The old saying is true: “There is power in numbers!” And, guess what? You don’t have to be a full-time volunteer to make a huge difference for the homeless pets in our community. Check out our Volunteer Home Page for a sneak peek into your future as a Humane Society volunteer. If interested, just e-mail us with a quick note: “Sign me up for the Volunteer Action Line!”